photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a saucepan, melt 5 Tbsps butter.
- Add flour and cook over low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in cream and broth.
- Cook, stirring until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Fold in potatoes.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in buttered casserole.
- Mix Roquefort with melted butter and paprika.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake until cheese melts, 12-14 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great Recipe! I made this as one part of a dinner that we do for 25 in December. Everyone LOVED it! Had to tell a number of them where to get the recipe. I used the 1/2 & 1/2 instead of the cream and it was plenty rich! All your directions were spot on. Thanks for making me look great!! October 2006 Made this again for our "Family Dinner". Substituted a Double Glouster for the Roquefort. My Guests liked it even better than before. I'll ALWAYS keep this one for special occasions!
I prepared this dish for Father's Day. I can understand why you've made it for 20 years! Everybody raved about the taste, from myself to in-laws to picky kids! Your tradition will be one of ours from now on. I made it the day ahead because my oven would be taken up with the prime rib, and gently heated it in the microwave. Also, I used fat-free half-and-half and blue cheese because it's what I had on hand. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks for sharing it, Su!