This Ain't Your Ordinary Queso Dip
Wow! My brother Jeff made this for us to snack on this past Christmas Day. All the flavors meld together nicely, and I love the different textures. You won't be disappointed!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 (16 ounce) package Velveeta pepper jack cheese, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can chopped black olives
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- Brown sausage and onion together and drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on low.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fantastic! I have made this 4 times since Thanksgiving less than one month ago and it has been a grand slam hit every time! One of the great things about this recipe is that it is VERY customizable. For instance I excluded the mushrooms when I knew several guests didn't like them. I changed to Velveeta Mexican instead of Pepper Jack. The last time I made it I was in an extreme rush so I cooked it as instructed, but all in one pot on the stovetop instead of a crock pot which took me only 25-30 minutes total and I was out the door.Reply
see 3 more