Thin Pizza Crust
photo by gailanng
- Ready In:
1 12-14" pizza
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the sugar into the warm water.
- Sprinkle the yeast on top of the water and let it rehydrate for about 5-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Stir the yeast in the water until dissolved, then pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and blend.
- Pour out the dough onto the counter top and knead for about two or three minutes.
- Roll the crust out so it's about 12-14" in diameter (I roll mine out to about 1/4" thick) then poke it full of holes with a fork.
- Pre-bake the crust in the preheated oven on a pizza stone for four minutes. This gets the crust crispy all the way through (if you don't have a pizza stone, you can just use a pizza pan, though your crust won't be as crispy).
- With your pizza paddle, pull the crust out of the oven (or the whole pan if you're using a pan) and load it up with your sauce, veggies, cheese, whatever.
- Stick the pizza back in the oven for 8 more minutes.
- Let it cool for about 2 minutes, then enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!