Thin Layer Chocolate Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Cake: mix all ingredients together with mixer.
- Grease and Flour 8 inch cake pans.
- Pour about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of batter in each pan (depending on how thick you want the cake layers) then spread out the batter evenly in the pans.
- Bake at 300 for about 15 to 20 minutes until done.
- Icing: Mix sugar and cocoa in large pot.
- Add milk, butter and vanilla.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling, stir constantly.
- Lower heat and continue to stir.
- As layers come out of the oven spread icing on them, stacking the layers and finish off by putting icing on side and top.
- The icing will set like fudge as the cake cools.
- This will make a 10 to 15 layer cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very rich and very sweet cake. I found that using 1 cup of batter per layer made 10 layers about as thick as my thumb. However, I only used six layers in the cake or it would have been too tall, and that's as far as the icing went anyway. If I make this recipe again I will probably halve the cake recipe, though since it is rather labor-intensive (especially since I only have 2 cake pans) I will probably save it for special occasions. Thanks for sharing!