The World's Best Banana Pudding
- Ready In:
- 10 ripe bananas
- 1 (16 ounce) box vanilla wafers (sometimes i use more)
- 12 ounces eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (Large Size)
- Mix pudding according to package directions.
- let stand while you slice the bananas. I use an egg slicer to get nice even slices, not to mention it goes so much faster.
- add sweet condensed milk to pudding mixture and mix very well.
- add cool whip and mix well.
- Layer wafers, sliced bananas then pudding in a punch bowl. I usually get 3-4 layers but it depends on how thick you make them, its totally up to you.
- Let stand overnight or at least 4-6 hours so it really gets that banana flavor.
- You can use more or less wafers depending on your taste and i always add the top layer just before serving so that they are still crisp. You can get creative with the wafers and really make a nice presentation.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a magnificent recipe. My husband is a fan of banana pudding. He loved this one and said it tasted like it was made from scratch. I made it by the recipe the first time. Then, trying for a healthy version, I used reduced fat vanilla wafers, fat free condensed milk, sugar free/ fat free pudding mix, lite cool whip and skim milk. We could not tell the difference. It was still delicious. This one is a keeper!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a simple housewife and mother. I have been married for 13 years and have the most beautiful 2 year old daughter in the whole wide world. I couldnt be more happy with my life. I am where I am supposed to be....