The Realtor's Low Fat Thousand Island Dressing
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons bell peppers, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Puree mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice, bell pepper, onion, parsley, relish, cayenne, water, and salt and pepper in a blender until smooth.
- Add additional water if necessary to thin to desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Keeps for 1 week.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Well, I did cheat and use full fat mayo. I omitted the parsley (personal preference for dressing) and did not need to add any water as we like our dressing thick (it still came out on the thin side though). I chopped everything small and mixed it in a bowl b/c we like chunky 1000 isle dressing (aka: Big Mac sauce, lol). Next time we would omit the bell peppers and cayenne too. Good recipe that you can adapt to your liking. Made for PRMR
I love 1000 isle dressing! This is so good! I didn't think I had any low-fat mayo, but I finally found it! Would've kinda blown the whole theory, huh? lol Seriously, this is very good! I would recommend that future reviewers use the very best ketchup,which, IMHO,is Heinz. Anything less, don't bother. This is sooo worth the extra pennies, believe me. I added in a little bit of chopped hard-boiled egg, just preference. Thanks for sharing, this is a real keeper!