The Perfect Lemon Drop Cocktail
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup citrus-infused vodka
- Combine simple syrup, fresh lemon juice and vodka either in a shaker with ice or make in a pitcher.
- Rim the glass with ultrafine baker's sugar and a slice of lemon. Voila!
- **To make simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar to equal parts water in sauce pan. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool. You can also make this ahead of time and keep in the fridge.
- **I buy bulk lemons from Costco. Less costly and you definitely get more for your money. I juice the lemons with an electric juicer and have even frozen some juice for later use.
This was soooo good! The fresh lemon juice really makes a difference in the taste and along with the simple syrup is much fresher and tastier than either a bottled or dry lemon drop mix which tend to be too sweet, have an after taste, or taste bitter from old, reconstituted lemon juice. Nice combination of sour and sweet, an alcoholic lemonade for the over 21 crowd that sneaks up on you because it goes down so smooth and easy! I made and enjoyed this very much for Spring PAC 2009!
see 3 more reviews