The People's Pizza
It's not delivery, it's perfection.
- Ready In:
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 15 ounces canned whole peeled italian roma tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄3 cup oregano, dried
- mozzarella cheese
- red pepper
- green pepper
- yellow pepper
- fresh basil
- Squeeze whole red tomatoes into a bowl with the rest of their juices and pour in vinegar with salt and pepper, cover and allow to sit for a minimum 30 minutes or overnight.
- In a saucepan saute onions and garlic in olive oil for 5-7 minutes, before pouring in the tomato mix and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a Vitamix or blender, blitz until smooth and pour into a jar or airtight container. It lasts for 7 days and it can be used for any tasty option :).
- Turn broiler to high and set up trays to be 6 inches below. If you have a pizza stone place in the oven to get searing hot.
- Spread an even layer of the sauce over the dough, finish with your favorite pizza toppings and cook in the oven for 2-4 minute or until dough is crispy and cheese is well melted.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION