The New Basics Maple Cranberry Sauce
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries, well rinsed
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup cranberry-raspberry juice
- 1 orange, zest of (from one orange)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- Note - I usually use frozen cranberries and they work just fine in this recipe.
- Combine all ingredients except the walnuts in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the cranberries pop open.
- Skim off the foam and stir in the walnuts. Allow to cool. Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a Canadian living in France (in a small town about an hour south of Paris) with my husband, Carey, and our two little girls, Catherine (3-1/2) and Sara (19 months). Catherine is starting to cook with me. She pushes her stool over the counter so she can help me "mix". It's a bit difficult to keep her away from the stove though, since the only counter space is the half meter between the sink and the stove. update 13/09/07 I am now living in Shanghai since my husband has accepted a 2 year placement with the Chinese branch of his company.