The Most Amazing Roast Beef Dinner in One Pot
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 1. Cut your roast into 2 or 3 equal pcs. (optional).
- 2. In a med. to large pot put the roast and green beans (any other veggies you want except potatoes -- add those later) in along with both cans of french onion soup, fill with water until it's about 3 inches above meat. Bring to a boil, boil for about 30 minutes then reduce heat to simmer, you want the liquid to evaperate but not too fast. Now cook for 3 to 4 hours or until meat is falling off of fork (if water gets too low just keep adding a cup or two at a time, you want the liquid to cook down and allow the soup to thicken but not until it has been cooking for about 3 to 4 hours).
- 3. After the roast and green beans have been cooking for about 3 hours or so when meat is tender, then you can add your potatoes. Keep cooking until potatoes are done and the liquid in the pot has thickened and evaperated down to where you can see the meat and veggies.
- Now if you want to add rice or noodles you can cook them while the roast is sitting for 30 mins -- DINNER ROLLS ARE A MUST TO SOAK UP ALL THE YUMMY JUCIES FROM COOKING THE ROAST.
- i may have not explained this very well but it really is the easiest way to cook your roast and veggies -- If you are using a crock pot use the set on low-med. put potatoes in with roast fill up with water and just let it cook all day, after about 6 or 7 hours it will be done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!