The Jimmy Burger
Here is a hamburger recipe that I hope you will try and love as much as I do! It originates from another website as a meatloaf recipe, but I have modified it to create the Jimmy Burger -- which is a cross between a hamburger and grilled meatloaf. I named my creation after my wonderful BF Jimmy :-)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 slices white bread (cut off crusts)
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Soak the bread into the milk until it absorbs, then squeeze the excess milk out of the bread and put this bread mixture to the side. Beat the egg. In another bowl combine the ground beef, onion soup mix, egg, bread mixture, ketchup, steak sauce and salt and pepper (if desired) until well combined. Add shredded cheese and mix in until well combined.
- Form the beef mixture into patties. You can make the patties as big or small as you like. Put the patties on the grill for about 3 minutes per side for medium rare or until desired doneness. (Note: if desired, you can add a slice of cheese on top during the last 2 minutes of grilling so that it melts onto the burger). Enjoy!