The Golden Lamb Inn's Old-Fashioned Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 leeks, cleaned and sliced (about one cup)
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Melt butter in stockpot over medium high heat.
- Add leeks and onions; cook until translucent.
- Stir in flour until well mixed.
- Add broth or stock; bring to the boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Add potatoes and reduce heat to a simmer; cook 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients; cook until thoroughly heated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Well, Molly, you've done it again! This is a fantastic soup. I cut the recipe in half as I was dining alone and will have some great leftovers! Otherwise, I made exactly as directed. This is a very simple recipe to prepare with wonderful results. If you are a potato fan, you will definitely enjoy this wonderful soup! Thanks again, Molly, for another superb recipe!