The Dove's Nest Tomato Basil Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The Dove's Nest is a restaurant in Waxahachie, Texas.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 garlic cloves, cut into halves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bacon
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion, garlic and bacon in the olive oil in a large saucepan until the bacon is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken stock. Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Pour into a blender container. Process until the mixture is pureed.
- Stir in the vinegar, cream, basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into soup bowls. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION