The Captain's French Toast
After missing a few spices in the cupboard one day while making French Toast, it occured to me the Captain Morgain had all of those spices & more...so I used it instead. This is the most delicious result...
- Ready In:
- 5 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup fat free coffee creamer
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon captain morgan spiced rum
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 7 slices french toast bread
- Whisk first 6 ingredients.
- Soak slices until saturated.
- Cook on skillet or griddle at medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Serve with butter, syrup & powdered sugar or fresh fruit.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Prone to scorch because of the high sugar content and I'm not sure what the Captain did for this recipe but it is very good, matter of fact I made it twice since tagging it. My better half liked that he could taste the cinnamon and yet it was not overpowering. TFS RedRacer. Tagged for New Kids on the Block.1Reply