The California Beach Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion (diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (chopped)
- 2 avocados (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 slices of day old French bread
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare salad by chopping vegetables. Toast slivered almonds in oven at 350 for 3-4 minutes, keep an eye on them, they burn very easily!
- Combine all dressing ingredients and use whisk to stir.
- To prepare bread crumbs, cut bread up in small squares, sprinkle with olive oil and season with garlic powder, salt and fresh cracked pepper. Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until toasted.
- Before serving, add the dressing to the salad as well as the croutons and toasted almonds.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation