The Bomb Queso Dip!
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces asadero cheese, cubed
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 serrano peppers, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Warm a stock pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes until soft. Add tomatoes, garlic, serrano, and jalapeno peppers. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Add milk and cheese. Stir frequently while the cheese melts. Add oregano, cayenne pepper and chili powder. Continue to cook on low until cheese is fully melted and flavors are incorporated.
- Add additional spices if necessary for your taste buds.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips as an appetizer or on any other dish of choice.
- If you can't find Asadero Cheese, you can substitute with Monterrey Jack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a pretty good home cook and a Food Network junkie. Every time I host an event or create a new dish, my confidence grows....I'm always testing new ideas and sometimes (I'm a nerd) that dreams in food.</p> <p>I was proud to have one of my recipes chosen as RecipeZaar's Recipe of the Day on 11/27/09 with my Turkey, Cranberry, & Pesto Sandwich. I also had the opportunity to cook at the Aetna Healthy Food Fight competition in Los Angeles last summer - talk about pressure!</p>