The Best Vegetarian Chili (Even a Meat Lover Will Enjoy)
photo by Jennifer D.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- chopped jalapeno, from a can (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 -3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- low-fat sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute zucchini, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and pepper in oil, covered until slightly softened over medium heat for about 10 minutes, add chili powder, and cumin, stir. Add beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and jalapenos (if using), water and salt. Bring to a boil, simmer on low, covered for about 2 and a half hours or until vegetables are cooked through. Serve over rice and garnish with cheese, sour cream and avocado.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY