The Best Pumpkin Roll
- Ready In:
1 pumpkin roll
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional, I omit)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Grease and flour the paper.
- In large bowl, beat eggs on high for 5 minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on top (if using).
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
- Mike confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine and cream cheese together for filling until smooth.
- Carefully unroll the cake. Spread filling over cake to within 1 inch of edges. Roll up again. Cover and chill until serving. Dust with additional confectioners sugar, if desired.
Join The Conversation
This recipe was awesome! Tasted pumpkin roll for the first time at the Amish market at my local flea market. Feel accomplished that I was able to make it from scratch and my family is in LOVE!!! The cake is moist and the cream cheese filling is delish! Made one yesterday and today (just to finish using the leftover pumpkin). My new Kitchen Aid mixer made this recipe a breeze:)
This is a great recipe! Finally a recipe that tells you how long to beat the eggs. My cake turned out perfect. I've always had trouble with this kind of cake baked in a jelly roll pan. This recipe is definitely better than the "Libby's" recipe. You just have to list the salt measurement in the recipe.