The Best Pumpkin Pie Ever!
I call it this because that what everyone else calls it! I get requests for this every Thanksgiving and even diehard pumpkin pie haters have been converted after tasting it. Serve with softly whipped cream or some good vanilla ice cream. Please note: If planning to make just one pie, I recommond using a deep dish pie shell as the recipe makes enough filling for two regular pies.
- Ready In:
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie shells
- 2 1⁄2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 (10 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Mix well and turn into the crust.
- Bake 15 minutes; reduce the oven temperature to 350° and bake another 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted 1-inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Did you know? Using DARK brown sugar will add just a little more depth of flavor and wont darken the pie anymore than light brown. One of my secrets is to mix in only the yolks first, then, at the end of all the adding and mixing, beat the whites separately till fluffy and gently fold them in. You will have a lighter pie and will use less filling per pie as well.Replies 1
This pie is delicious and easy. My kids helped me make it, and we enjoyed it with vanilla ice cream. I only had medium eggs, so used 3 of them, and setting my bowl on a scale made it super easy to measure the required 10 ounces of sweetened condensed milk out of the 14 ounce can I had. Delicious.Reply