The Best Pasta Carbonara-With a Twist
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This ia a very nice version of the Pasta Carbonara. It is healthy and very satisfying. This is one of those recipes that is very versitile and can be adapted to your taste buds.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 lb gemelli pasta
- 1 lb asparagus
- 12 slices turkey bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, plus
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in lightly salted water according to package directions.
- Trim and cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces and add to boiling water during last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a medium size nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat about 8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until slightly browned and crisp. Remove from pan with tongs and place on a plated lined with a paper towel.
- In a small saucepan, whisk half-and-half, and egg yolks. Cook over medium heat about 8 minutes, whisking constantly, until temperature reaches 160 degrees on an instand-read termometer.
- Stir in basil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Add bacon to cooked pasta and asparagus.
- Stir in creamy egg mixture. Stir in 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spoon pasta into a serving bowl and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Parmesan. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION