The Best Oh-Shit-I-Forgot-To-Buy-Tomatoes-! Chili Con Carne
photo by Mme Bovary
- Ready In:
- 1 (300 g) can black beans or (300 g) can kidney beans
- 500 g ground meat, of your choice
- 1 big onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cm piece fresh gingerroot
- 4 small cherry tomatoes
- 500 ml water
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon of plain ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bay leaf, powder
- 1 handful fresh cilantro leaves
- brown the ground meat in some butter and/or oil.
- add the chopped onion.
- when the onion softens, add the minced garlic and ginger.
- stir for a couple of moments.
- add the chopped cherry tomatoes, the water, the ketchup, the worcestershire sauce and the red wine vinegar.
- when it boils, add the bouillon cube and all the spices.
- let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- add the drained beans.
- let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- add the chopped fresh cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!