The Best Millionaire’s Shortbread from England
Everyone's sweet favourite... delicious layers of shortbread, caramel and chocolate
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
For the base
- 225 g butter shortbread cookies
- 25 g butter, melted
- 150 g butter
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 397 g carnation condensed milk
- 200 g milk chocolate, melted
- You will also need: 18cm (7in) square brownie tin, lined with baking parchment
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the melted butter and then lightly press the mixture into the tin to make an even layer. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Place the butter and sugar into a non-stick pan and stir over a medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. To make a golden caramel, add the condensed milk, stirring continuously, until the first bubbles appear on the surface. Remove from the heat as soon as it comes to the boil.
- Spread the caramel evenly over the crumb base and then cool and chill for about half an hour. Pour the melted chocolate over the caramel, smoothing to the edges.
- When the chocolate has hardened a little, cut into squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION