The Best Macaroni and Cheese
According to my son, this is 'the best Mac 'n' cheese”. I hope if you try this, you'll enjoy it. The cook time includes cooking the pasta. Posted October 24th 2005.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
cheesy white sauce
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In large saucepan, heat water over medium heat until water is a rolling boil.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is "al dente", or fork tender.
- Drain, do not rinse.
- In the same pan as you cooked pasta, add flour and milk.
- Stir with whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add salt, pepper, and Velveeta, stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour pasta into sauce, mixing well.
- Pour into a sprayed 8 x 8-inch dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more