The Best Fried Fish Recipe Ever!
photo by Wanda H.
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 lbs fresh fish, of your choice (I prefer Fresh Lake Perch or White Bass)
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup cream of wheat
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning, plus
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning, for batter
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 egg
- oil (for frying)
- Rinse fish and pat dry, cut into desired pieces. Mix egg, milk, 1/2 teaspoon of all-purpose Greek seasoning and hot sauce. Soak fish in milk mixture for 5-10 minutes. While fish is soaking mix remaining dry ingredients in bowl. Heat oil for frying or deep frying in large skillet. Drain fish and pat excess moisture from fish. Dip fish in dry mix and shake off excess. Place into hot skillet carefully and cook until brown on one side, flip and cook until brown. Drain fish on paper towels and place on warm plate in warm oven until all fish is done.
- Serve with pepper rings, onion slices, and slice dill pickles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!