The Best Ever Chicken Divan
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is another one of my mother in law's recipes. It is my absolute favorite dish that she makes! Please try this..You'll be hooked!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or with bones)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, approximate
- 4 -5 pieces bread
- white rice or yellow rice
- Boil chicken until white and then cut chicken into small pieces.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a large deep pan and pour the broccoli into it.
- Sprinkle chicken over top of the broccoli.
- In a med. bowl combine the mayo, two cans of soup, curry powder, salt, and sherry.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Top w/ the shredded cheese.
- Toast the pieces of bread.
- Melt about half a stick of butter in the microwave (add enough butter to lightly soak the bread pieces) Cube the pieces of bread and throw them in the butter.
- Lightly mix.
- Put the bread mixture on top of the casserole.
- Bake approx 40 minutes.
- Serve over white/ yellow rice and homemade biscuits!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION