The Best Ever BBQ Pork Ribs
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
2-4 half racks
- 1 -2 pork rib rack (Baby Back or St. Louis)
- seasoning (Rib Rub)
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- Cut ribs in half & generously apply rub on both sides, massaging it into the meat.
- Wrap each half tightly in heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Place each in a shallow pan with sides.
- Bake for 3 hours.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.
- NOTE: If you want them BROWNED, carefully remove the ribs from the foil. Place under broiler or on grill until desired, but watch carefully so not to burn -- 10-12 minutes each side should be sufficient.
- NOTE 2: If you want them SMOKED, carefully remove the ribs from the foil. Place on grill, using indirect method -- smoke for about an hour. I recommend Apple or Hickory.
- DO NOT soak wood chips/chunks in water! Wood doesn't absorb much water, so all you're doing is cooling off the coals.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong>The only thing I like better than cooking, is eating! I learned a lot about cooking from my Dad & an ornery old Norwegian cook, that I used to work for. <br />I don't get into fancy foods...just good ol' down-home, stick-to-your-ribs vittles...I'm a COOK...NOT a Chef! I <span>LUV</span> to bbq & grill!!<img title=Cool src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif border=0 alt=Cool /> Except for pies, I don't do much baking, such as cookies, bars or cakes...that's the wife's dept. & believe me, she does a mighty FINE job!!! <br />I'm a firm believer that flavored coffee & flavored beer should be OUTLAWED & I will NOT eat Lima Beans or Lutefisk...YUK!!! <img title=Yell src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif border=0 alt=Yell /><br />Our favorite place to eat is Old Abe's...a local supper club located on a wooded back-road! We also enjoy Panera Bread, Dickey's BBQ & Picanha Brazillian Steak House!!!<br />I've been married since 1977 to the most wonderful lady a man could ever ask for. We have 9 beautiful Grandkids...5 girls 4 boys, a VERY SPOILED white German Shephard (Tori) & a VERY goofy cat (Angel)! (Both of these are rescued animals.) <br />We collect antique gasoline engines & attend several shows here in the Midwest.I also enjoy ice fishing, Milwaukee Brewers baseball, WI Badger football, but most of all, we're HUGE GREEN BAY PACKERS Fans!!!!! GO PACK GO!!!!!</strong></p> 8724987"