The Best Coconut Macaroons Ever!
photo by Izzardine
- Ready In:
- Before starting to create the mix, I would suggest (i.e. It is optional) to take an empty bowl (metal would be the best) and a wire whisk (or whisk attachment for an electric whisk) and put them in the freezer for about an hour.
- Take your kitchen utensils out of the freezer and drop the two egg whites into the bowl. If you have an electric whisk set it on high and and whisk the eggs until they form medium peaks.
- In another bowl mix the coconut, condensed milk and vanilla extract. Transfer the egg whites from the other bowl into the coconut mixture by folding the egg whites into it.
- Get some baking pans and line them with wax paper. Drop the mixture onto the sheet. The amount of each dropping should be about an ice cream scoop or about two tablespoons.
- At one point you should have set your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit… Once your oven is heated up put your pans in the oven and bake the macaroons for about 25 to 30 minutes (or just look at them and wait until they are golden brown (not dark tarnished gold brown but shiny gold brown)). When removing the macaroons the wax paper may get a little stuck to it because they are so sticky… The best way to try to avoid this is removing them while hey are hot.
- Optional Steps Follow.
- After the macaroons have cooled you can dip them in chocolate if you would like. To do so put a bunch of chocolate chips (whichever chocolate you prefer, I prefer milk chocolate) and put them into a microwave safe bowl and put the bowl into the microwave until the chocolate chips have melted and stir.
- Take one macaroon at a time and dip them in chocolate as much as you like. Put the macaroons on a plate (I would suggest having refrigerated the plate first) and put them in the fridge for about an hour or two and you will have delicious chocolate covered macaroons :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!