The Best Chicken Parmesan
This is a recipe that I made years ago, and I had lost my recipe to it, but I just found it the other day and decided to share it with you all. You won't be disappointed!
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a bag, mix together the bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese.
- In another mix together the flour and the salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Preheat a skillet with a little oil in it on medium-high-high until a good amount of heat can be felt when your hand is placed just above it, but before it smokes.
- Preheat your oven to 300°F.
- Toss the chicken breasts, two at a time, in the flour bag to coat evenly.
- Remove from the bag and coat them in the egg.
- Toss them, two at a time, in the bread crumb bag.
- Place them in the preheated skillet and sear for 1 minute on each side.
- Set aside.
- In a 9"-13" pan, stir together the spaghetti, tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper, and basil.
- Place the chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with the mozzeralla cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love me some carbs and tomato gravy. Oh, and some mozzarella cheese and crispy coated chicken. And you know what else? Between all the eating and the eating, I just keep eating. Sorry to be long-winded, but hey, I am of Cajun/Italian decent and when you take away the use of my hands when I'm talking, I tend to write...A LOT. Made for POTLUCK.Reply