The Best Chicken Curry - Gluten Free
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (you can use chicken tenders if easier)
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, canola, grapeseed)
- 1 cup fried onions (I purchase them already made up, the brand is Chirag)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon chicken marsala seasoning (may add more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tomatoes (diced) (optional)
- 3 cups water
- Take the fried onions and 1 tablespoon of oil and fry them on medium heat for about 30 seconds. Add the turmeric and Chicken marsala seasoning. Stir for another minute. Add tomato to taste and stir for another minute. Add 1 cup of water and cook until onions are tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add chicken, stir on medium for several minutes. Add another 2 cups of water and let simmer (lowest heat) for 30 minutes.
- This will serve 4 people. I always double this recipe so that the kids have extra for lunch the next day.
- Also, I make my Lebanese rice to go with this. The kids LOVE it!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a homeschooling mother of 8. We have chickens, goats and emus, as well as a year round veggie garden. My children help me cook most of the time, so I tend to look for recipes that are kid friendly and don't take a ton of time to prep. We are a mostly Feingold/Organic family and my main focus is good for you foods, but easy to make with a flair or twist. I experiment a lot with known recipes and I have come up with some amazing ones over the years and love to share with others. My ultimate cake right now is the german chocolate carob cake. My goal in life was to find the perfect sticky toffee pudding recipe. I have now found it in Carol's Sticky Toffee Pudding. This is the most amazing dessert (next to my carob cake) I've ever tasted.