The Best and Last New York Cheesecake Recipe You Will Ever Try
- Ready In:
- 1 cup digestive plain sweet biscuit crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 40 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- For The base:.
- If you're using a dark pan, preheat the oven to 350. If you are using a shiny pan, 375.
- Combine the crumbs, melted butter and 3 tbsp sugar well and pat onto the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan. I also like to very very lightly butter the sides of the pan so that the cheesecake will not stick later on.
- Bake for 10 mins in your preheated oven and remove. Let it cool while you prepare your batter.
- For the batter:.
- Make sure everything is at room temperature.
- Combine sugar, cheese, flour and vanilla in a big bowl and mix on medium speed till well combined. Don't forget to scrape the bowl as you're doing this.
- Mix in the sour cream till its incorporated well. Then, add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour the batter into the springform and let it bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes After the baking time, turn off the oven and leave the door ajar. Let the cake cool in there for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove the cake and let it cool thoroughly. Refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, release the sides of the springform and ENJOY YOUR CAKE.
Join The Conversation
I'm not a baked cheesecake fan, preferring the refrigerated type more, but I wanted to learn how to make a good basic cheesecake that is able to have many different topping/sauces beside it depending on the season. The reviews I got were of praise and they absolutely loved it. This is a very good recipe, simple to make if you have the time for the whole cooling down process. It's creamy without going thud in your stomach, heaving as a baked
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
my flickr page: http://flickr.com/photos/tunasushi Hey there! Thanks for stopping by to look @ my profile :) I'll be 15 on the 11th of September 2006....Ive been using Zaar for quite a while now and I've made tons of friends so far...... I started cooking when I was umm....12 and a half and Ive been in love with it ever since...My first project was the classic batch of brownies. I used a pan that was too big and I got really really flat brownies.....For the frosting I used granulated sugar and had crunchy frosting haha..... Ive gotten much better since then! I tend to get discouraged very easily if something I make does not come out like it was expected to....I can even get depressed over it..... I have plans on going to Le Courdon Bleu Sydney in mid 2008 and completing the Grand Diploma there...... This is my cat Kiara. I found her in the backyard when I was 10, and I started feeding her toast and grape jelly. She's on a normal cat's diet now haha. <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/kiaraaaa.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> This is Pluto, and sadly he went missing just before Christmas.... <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/PlutO.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> The small pic is when I was 4, and the other is a recent pic :) <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/ff.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> <img src="http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/tunasushi/meme.jpg" alt="Image hosting by Photobucket"> Lookin a bit mad...hehe