The Baldpate Inn Cornbread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe came from The Baldpate Inn, Estes Park, Colorado. Its a very hearty cornbread, practically a meal in itself. Goes great with stew or chili. Definitely not for the diet conscious.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups canned creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until blended and smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Gradually beat in corn and cheeses. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Place in oven, close door, immediately reduce heat to 300°F and bake 1 hour or until pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs. Top will still look moist.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION