- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Peel, quarter lengthwise and cut potatoes crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, 1/2 t salt, sugar, and water in a large pot.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the potatoes fall apart when poked with a fork (45 - 60 minutes).
- Off the heat, mash the sweet potatoes in the saucepan with a potato masher or food mill. Stir in the melted butter, half-and-half, orange juice, and orange zest with a wooden spoon until incorporated.
- Season with additional orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!