Thanksgiving Leftovers-Turkey Noodle Casserole
photo by ButterflyCat
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sifted flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced pimiento (optional)
- 2 -3 cups bite-sized cooked turkey or 2 -3 cups chicken meat
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked by pkg. directions and drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables, cooked by pkg. directions and drained
- 1 cup soft white bread crumbs mixed with 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- For sauce melt butter in a large saucepan over moderate heat and blend in flour using a whisk; slowly whisk in broth and milk, add bouillon cubes, salt and pepper, and heat, stirring until mixture thickens, using your whisk.
- Remove from heat, mix in all remaining ingredients except topping, in an extra large bowl.
- Spoon into a buttered 13x9 dish or a buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle top with topping mix and bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- If desired top with chow mein noodles instead of topping. Scatter over casserole for last 5 minutes of baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!