Thai Tuna Wraps
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 5mins
- 4 cheese flavoured flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 2 (170 g) cans tuna, packed in water
- 1 (250 g) package uncle ben's bistro express pre-cooked basmati rice
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 dash ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients (except wraps) in a bowl.
- Once thoroughly combined, spoon 1/4 of mixture on each tortilla wrap.
- Wrap like a burrito.
- Chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have never had a Starbucks Thai Tuna Wrap, but these are absolutely delicious!! The only cheese flavored wraps I could find were Mission brand cheese and jalapeno. I also by-passed the convenience rice to save money and used one cup of home cooked white rice. Having no other use for the green onions, I used all of the bulbs from the bunch and about 1/3 of the green tops. I also used solid pack Albacore tuna. They were firm, not runny, drippy or messy. I hate to shred carrot, so opted to buy pre-shredded carrot, and it was very dry also. (Other shredded vegetable blends might be good also). On the heat scale, they were mild. I suppose you could make them hotter, but they were perfect for us. They are extremely filling; next time I will eat only half at a time. Even a big appetite would be satisfied with these! I plan to use these for late night suppers, when you need something, but don't want "heavy". It was so nice to take them out of the plastic wrap, throw them on a paper plate and enjoy. No mess, no fuss!! (who wants a messy kitchen at 8:00 at night?) Dannygirl, thank you for a wonderful recipe! I will be making this a lot! We have a couple late supper nights per week! Way healthier and cheaper than drive-thru!!!