Thai Tuna Salad
A little more of an "exotic" tuna salad. Good in a pita or on a bed of leafy greens.
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 3 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Place drained, flaked tuna in a bowl.
- Add the onion, celery, and apple; toss.
- Stir together the curry paste, cilantro, mayo and sour cream.
- Pour over tuna salad and mix everything together well.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Other than using a gala apple I made the recipe as written. The tuna was such a welcome change from plain jane tuna. Even my less adventurous diners enjoyed this. The curry paste lent great flavor, but wasn't overtly hot. I'll be making this all summer to serve on lettuce leaves or stuffed into a pita pocket. Thanks for sharing the recipe!Reply
This is a GREAT alternative from regular old tuna salad! The cilantro is a must! It adds some nice extra green color and it gives it a little extra flavor. I also used shallots since I didn't want to cup up my onion for just 2 tablespoons. I think it worked great. I also used all thre 3 tablespoons of green curry and it wasn't overpowering at all. I will make this salad again. I forgot to say that I omitted the celery simply because my grocery store's celery was not looking great. It still came out good and the apple more than made up for the solid food factor.Reply
see 1 more