Thai-Style Prawn (Shrimp) Stir-Fry
A refreshing prawn/shrimp stir fry from Australian BH&G Diabetic Living. They direct to leave the tails on but I always remove them, personal taste.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 kg prawns (green or raw peeled deveined tails intact)
- 2 lemongrass (stalks white part only finely chopped)
- 1 chili (small red thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 4 cm ginger (fresh peeled finely grated)
- 1 brown onion (large cut into wedges)
- 120 g baby corn (packet halved lengthways)
- 1 bunch Broccolini (cut into 4cm pieces or 200 grams broccoli cut into florets)
- 1 red capsicum (large chopped)
- 250 g green beans (trimmed halved diagonally)
- 2 carrots (large halved lengthways thinly sliced diagonally)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 bunch basil (leaved picked)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- lime wedge (to serve)
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large wok on high until the wok is hot and add the prawns and stir fry for 1 minute and then add the lemongrass, chilli, garlic and ginger and stir fry for 2 minutes or until the prawns just change colour and remove from the wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok on medium high and add the onion, corn, broccolini, capsicum, green beans and carrot and then add the water and cook covered toss twice for 2 minutes or until the vegetables are just tender.
- Return prawn mixture to the wok and toss to combine and heat through, remove wok from the heat and toss in the basil leaves and bean sprouts.
- Divide mixture between shallow bowls to serve and accompany with the lime wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love the spices, colors and textures of this dish, which I made for Photo Tag. I served it with spicy Thai rice. I did a little converting amounts. 1 kg prawns is 2.2 lbs, 250 g green beans is approximately 1/2 pound, and as best as I could figure out the red capsicum is a red bell pepper. All tasted wonderful and worked prepared as a half recipe. My only wish is that there were a bit of a sauce with it.Reply