Thai Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces chinese noodles, broken
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled, deveined and uncooked
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- Cook noodles as directed by pkg. instructions.
- Meanwhile, spray wok with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp, cook and stir 3 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from wok.
- Add gingerroot and garlic to wok, cook 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli, jalapeno and 1/4 cup of the broth.
- Cover and cook 1 to 3 minutes or until broccoli is crisp tender.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 3/4 cup broth, fish sauce, and cornstarch, blend well.
- Return shrimp to wok, add cornstarch mixture.
- Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thickened and shrimp are pink.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve over noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>