Thai Rice-Salad With Lemongrass
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons arachid oil
- 2 lemon grass root, chopped fine
- 2 red chili peppers, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped in rings
- 650 g rice (boiled, use long rice such as jasmin)
- 450 450 g pork (strips) or 450 g beef, cut in pieces (strips)
- 35 g mint leaves (chopped)
- 30 g coriander leaves
- 4 lemon basil, cut in strips (djeroek poernet)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce (Nam Pla)
- Heat a frying pan or wok at high temperature. Add oil, lemongrass, peppers and spring-onion an stir fry for 3 minutes. Mix rice, meat, mint, coriander, lime leaves and lemon grass root mixture in a bowl. Mix lime juice, sugar and fish sauce and pour over salad. Serve chilled.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Passionate about a lot of things but cooking and eating is definitely one of them! It started with baking cakes as a child, but the real fun started making pizza's from scratch as a teenager. Worked as a dessert and lunch cook in Amsterdam but was better in managing the floor and guests than staying in the kitchen. Still have my papers to start my own restaurant one day :-) But at this time in my life cooking is just fun! Especially when my whole family looks happy and satisfied after the last dish is served.