Thai Pineapple Curry or Gaeng Kua Sapparod Recipe
photo by Jencathen
- Ready In:
- 1 lb chicken breast (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 lb medium shrimp (raw and peeled)
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut cream
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk (don't use light)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pineapple chunks (in water or natural juice,drained)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind juice (I combined 1 tbsp of tamarind concentrate with 1 tbsp of water)
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste (use more if you want it spicier)
- jasmine rice, cooked
- Put coconut cream in a pot. I used my dutch oven and heat it on low. Add the paste and whisk it in until the sauce becomes pinkish in color. Bring to a low boil and add the chicken.
- Add fish sauce, drained pineapple chunks, coconut milk, sugar and tamarind juice and cook for about 10 minutes.
- At 10 minutes add your shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink. Don't overcook the shrimp because it will get chewy.
- Serve over Jasmine rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We're big fans of curry and couldn't wait to try this recipe. It was very good however it was really really sweet. I've never cooked w/ coconut creme before so don't know if this was the cause or if the T of brown sugar should've been left out. We'll definitely try this again because we loved the shrimp/chicken/pineapple combo but will probably leave the sugar out and maybe put in half the coconut creme. But, overall, very tasty.