Thai Minced Chicken in Lettuce Leaves
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From a Junior League Cookbook. You may use any type of lettuce leaf you wish or serve in tart shells for easier passing.
- Ready In:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 stalks lemongrass, white part only chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced red onion
- 30 small butter lettuce leaves
- Finely chop the chicken in a food processor, or use a chefs knife to finely mince. In a small skillet over medium high heat, heat oil and sauté chicken for 5 to 8 minutes, or until opaque throughout.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked chicken and remaining fillin ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or overnight. Taste and adjust the seasoning with lime juice, fish sauce, and cayenne.
- To serve, spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of filling into each lettuce leaf and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION