Thai Meatball Soup
photo by Banging Meals
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon very finely grated ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 10 cups homemade beef broth
- 6 baby bok choy, Tore Into Pieces
- 2 cups extra firm tofu, Small Cubes
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, Chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, Sliced Thin
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 16 ounces japanese udon noodles
- sriracha sauce (to garnish)
- Place the first 8 ingredients into a large bowl and mix together well. Proceed by making 1/2" to 3/4" meatballs and set aside on a plate. In a large cast iron pot, add 3 Tbsp of olive oil and the meatballs. Cook on medium until browned all around, about 8 minutes.
- Add the beef broth, bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for an additional 15 minutes. Serve in a large bowl and top with plenty of Sriracha!
- If you enjoyed this, check out my new cookbook @ bangingmeals.com.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!