Thai Lemon Beef
My husband loved this recipe. Lemon in common in Thai Cooking. Combined with garlic and red pepper flakes. It adds intense flavor to this stir-fry.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef top round steaks (1-inch thick)
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 teaspoons red peppers, dried & crushed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, 2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces water chestnuts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups ramen noodles, cooked and drained
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/8 inch thick strips and place in a bowl.
- Combine soy sauce and next 4 ingredients. Reserve half of mixture. Pour remaining mixture over steak. Cove and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Drain steak, discarding marinade.
- Stir-fry half of steak in 1/2 T hot oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat 1 minute or until outside of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; repeat procedure with remaining steak and oil. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
- Add green onions and water chestnuts to skillet stir-fry 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Whisk cornstarch into reserved soy sauce mixture; stir into vegetables, and stir-fry until thickened.
- Add steak; stir-fry until thoroughly heated. Serve over noodles or rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION