Thai Inspired Elote
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sweet Thai sweet chili sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus 1 lime cut into wedges for serving
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaf, plus sprigs for garnish
- 4 ears corn, husks pulled back and silk removed
- Equipment: Stove top grill.
- Preheat a stove top or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Place corn on hot grill and cook until kernels are tender and lightly charred, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine mayonnaise, sour cream, thai sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, sriracha and 1 tablespoon lime juice. In a shallow bowl or pie plate, combine the toasted coconut, peanuts, salt and 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves.
- Transfer corn to the bowl with mayonnaise and sour cream mixture and spoon to coat completely. Place corn over plate with coconut, peanut and cilantro mixture and spoon or sprinkle over to coat on all sides.
- Transfer corn to a serving plate and garnish with lime wedges and a drizzle of Thai sweet chili sauce and cilantro springs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!