Thai Grilled Beef With String Beans
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili paste (or 1 teaspoon seeded & minced serrano chili)
- 1 teaspoon granular sugar substitute
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb string bean, trimmed
- Heat grill or grill pan to high. Rub steak on each side with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until desired done-ness, about 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove from heat and set on a cutting board for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together lime juice, fish sauce, chili paste, sugar substitute, cilantro, and scallions in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat saucepan of salted water until boiling. Add beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain.
- Thinly slice meat across the grain. Toss with lime juice mixture, adding any meat juices that have accumulated on the cutting board; add beans, toss, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!