Thai Cucumber Sauce (Nam Chim Taeng Kwa)
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
1 1/4 cups
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled,seeded,and thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in saucepan; heat over medium heat, stirring until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Allow to cool.
- Pour over cucumber, and sprinkle cayenne pepper on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We love this side dish! I made two additions (1) to the liquid, add 1 tsp+ of Sambal Oilek (ground fresh chili paste) available in your Asian food section. It gives the cukes and nice kick. (2) one medium RED onion. I slice 2 big cukes and 1 red onion paper thin on a mandolin. They absorb the liquid better and taste phenomenal! You will never want American pickles again.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org