Thai Coconut Ratatouille
Similar to the usual blend of vegetables of Provence, that's where the similarity ends. Banana, ginger, lemongrass and cilantro take it far East. This is a recipe I found in the "All Around the World Cookbook."
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces eggplants, small, unpeeled, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, defatted
- 4 ounces green beans, sliced French style on the bias
- 8 ounces green cabbage, shredded 1/2 in wide
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 2 cups bananas, diced
- 1 cup plum tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Sprinkle the eggplants with 1 tsp of the salt and let stand for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Heat the chicken broth in a large pot over medium heat. Add the eggplants and cook for 5 minutes. Add the green beans, cabbage, onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, cilantro, and remaining 1 tsp salt. Cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the banana, tomatoes and coconut milk. Simmer uncovered 10 minutes longer. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro leaves.
- Divide the rice between 8 shallow soup bowls. Ladle the vegetables atop the rice. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more