Thai Chili Paste
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 6 whole dried hot chili peppers
- 1 inch cube fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 sticks fresh lemongrass, finely sliced
- 125 g shallots (1/2lb) or 125 g onions, peeled & roughly chopped (1/2lb)
- 10 large garlic cloves, peeled & roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste or 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- Put water in a bowl.
- Crumble the dried chilis into it and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Then put them and the water into a blender, and add the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My fiance & I have lived in Melbourne all our lives and we love it, it's so diverse & exciting. We went on a world trip in '04-'05 including the US, UK, France, Italy, Malta, Germany, The Netherlands, Egypt, India & Japan. It was awesome, but great to get home & relax too. :) The link on this page will take you to my YouTube channel which has slide-show videos of my pics, featuring some amazing street art around Melbourne. I think it's rude to leave 1 star ratings! To me it's like eating someones cooking then saying "ERGH!" to their face!! :D So we don't give 1 star ratings. If we really don't like something, then it's no stars & a description of why it didn't live up to our expectations, or we may just remove the recipe from our cookbook & leave it at that. We like cross-promoting recipes in our reviews, to share combinations that work, recipes that inspire & methods people may not have thought of. We can't help but put something of ourselves into each recipe we try <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/vegnswap.jpg> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">