Thai Chicken Thighs (Crock Pot)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 10mins
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed and boneless if you wish (about 2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup smooth peanut butter, all-natural preferred
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 hot chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- additional chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.
- Combine stock, peanut butter, soy sauce, cilantro, lime juice, chile pepper and ginger; mix well and pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
- Serve garnished with chopped peanuts and additional fresh cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Good chicken that didn't taste like "crockpot chicken". I used bone-in thighs, but I did take the skin off and used low fat peanut butter. I also used lemon juice instead of the lime and used a dried pepper instead of the fresh (based on what I had on hand). I don't think these changes altered the recipe much and the result was mild flavored chicken which we had with rice. Thanks for sharing this easy chicken recipe!
see 2 more reviews