Thai Chicken Noodle Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Recipe adapted from The Dinner Fix by Sandi Richard.
- Ready In:
For the marinade or dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sweet indonesian soy sauce (Ketjap Manis)
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the salad
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounces rice vermicelli (200 grams)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 cups lettuce
- chopped cilantro
- chopped cashews or peanuts
- Early in the day or the night before, in a small bowl, combine marinade/dressing ingredients.
- Put chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag. Pour 1/2 cup of the dressing/marinade into the bag of chicken and seal, squeezing out excess air. Massage the bag to coat the chicken and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. Refrigerate the remaining dressing.
To prepare salad:
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Remove chicken from marinade and wipe excess marinade off chicken pieces with paper towels (discard towels). Grill until no longer pink.
- While chicken is grilling, cook vermicelli noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water; set aside.
- Place 2 cups lettuce on each dinner plate. Top with cooked noodles, carrots, green onions, chicken, cilantro and chopped nuts. Drizzle remaining dressing over each salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION