Thai Chicken Lemon Sticks (Gai Pun Ta Craiy)
This is a great and easy idea, the chicken wrapped around lemongrass sticks. The flavor of the lemongrass goes all the way through. Coriander root btw is delicious as a spice. Just take the fresh root and chop finely. Serving size is for appetizers
- Ready In:
- 200 g ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 coriander roots
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, pounded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 egg white
- 4 -6 stalks lemongrass
- Pound the garlic, ground pepper and coriander root and mix with chicken mince.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, except the lemon grass sticks and mix well.
- Split into portions, one for each stick, and wrap the mixture around the lemon grass sticks.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes at 180 degrees celsius until cooked.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Baked at 355 degrees for 25 minutes. I cut lemongrass lengthwise to save money, using only 1. Coriander root amount is really questionable? So I used 1 tablespoon chopped. For the chives I used scallions. The 1 teaspoon black pepper is strong bu likable. This should have a sauce or dip of some sort. Something fruity. This can be easily made into meatballs with some peanut sauce or tossed into a broth with noodles and herbs....... Lots of great possibilities. Thanks!Reply